LA is HUGE!
Whether a visitor or a “home grown” Los Angelian, there are sure to be some facts below that you did not know.
* With a population of 10.3 million, LA County is the most populous in the United States
* If LA County were a state, it would be eighth largest in population
* The population of the five-county region of Los Angeles is larger than all of the states in the nation, except California, New York and Texas
* LA County is home to 88 cities
* 10,064-foot Mount San Antonio is the highest point in LA County
* LA County has 75 miles of coastline
* The longest street in LA City is Sepulveda Boulevard at 26.4 miles
* The enormous Walk of Fame began in 1960 with now more than 2,300 stars and the most visited place on Hollywood Celebrity Tours
* Sepulveda Boulevard continues through LA County for a total of 76 miles
* LA County’s land area is 4,752 square miles
* LA County has 79 certified farmers markets
* The Los Angeles Unified School District is the second largest school district in the nation
* La OpiniÃ³n in the largest Spanish-language newspaper in the United States, with a circulation of 125,624