Yes I Can at CAAM
Since 1976 February has been recognized as Black History Month. What better way to focus a special tour of Los Angeles than by visiting locations and sites important in southern California history. From art galleries and public sculptures to music venues and celebrity homes to more haunting locations Los Angeles is as important to the African American experience as any U.S. city. A great place to begin is the California African American Museum in Exposition Park. Through art the history is illuminated for all visitors.
- 600 State Drive
- Los Angeles, CA 90037
- Main Number: (213) 744-7432, Fax number: 213-744-2050
- Target Hotline: (213) 744-2132
- CAAM RSVP line: (213) 744-2056
- The California African American Museum (CAAM) is located in Exposition Park at the corner of Figueroa Street and Exposition Boulevard, west of the 110 (Harbor) Freeway. The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Sports Arena are adjacent to CAAM.
- Hours of Operation:
- Museum Galleries: Tuesday – Saturday 10:00am-5:00pm; Sunday 11:00am-5:00pm
- Admission is free
- Administration: Monday – Friday 8:30am-5:00pm